Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is an adopted recipe. I will post any revision after I make it.This is my husbands version of Swedish pancakes, he and our younger son really enjoy these. Myself and my daughter personally like our traditional pancakes though.
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons sugar (1/4 cup sugar)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- Combine milk, butter and eggs.
- Combine sugar, salt and flour.
- Stir in dry ingredients to liquid ones.
- When cooking, place batter on Swedish fry pan, or small sided cast iron skillet.
- Keep mixture about 1/8" thick when poured on pan, these look somewhat like crepes.
- Serve warm.
This recipe is more like crepes. We are Americans living in Sweden and my daughter loves the pancakes here. She didn't think that this was quite right. I think the Swedish pancakes have more egg in them.
These were very simple to make and tasted great!!! I like this quick and siple recipe because i usually have the inredients onhand and i can get breakfast on the table in a jiffy :)
My boyfriend's mother used to meke these and serve them with powdered sugar and lemon wedges to squeeze over them. They are awesome if you like lemons.