Recipe by French Tart
An easy and very tasty oven baked Swedish pancake with bacon - perfect for a busy weekend brunch or breakfast. Try to use high quality smoked bacon for a better flavour and taste.
Top Review by Ascender
I made this recipe with 4 eggs in my cast iron skillet. Perfect!
If you can, use lean "back bacon" or good Canadian bacon for this recipe, rather than streaky "belly bacon." Bacon from pork belly releases lots and lots of grease as it cooks, so if you use it, it is better to cut it in pieces, fry it, then drain it on paper towels before putting it into the casserole and adding the pancake batter.
Directions See How It's Made
- Snip bacon into bite-sized pieces and spread in 9" x 13" baking or oven proof dish. Place in pre-heated 180C/375F oven until bacon is slightly crispy but not dried out.
- Whilst the bacon is cooking, beat the eggs until frothy. Add salt, milk, and then the flour very gradually.
- Remove bacon from oven. Gently pour the egg mixture over the bacon.
- Return to oven for about 20 to 30 minutes, or until the pancake is puffed up & golden.
- Serve immediately, whilst still puffed up.
- For a traditional way of serving, garnish with: lingonberry jam, sour cream and brown sugar, or maple syrup.