Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Recipe from cooks.com and posted for ZWT.
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- In a large bowl, pour melted butter over oats. Stir well and set aside for 10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix egg, sugar and vanilla. Stir into the oat mixture, mixing well.
- Add flour, coconut, nuts and baking powder, stir well. Add to the oat mixture.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto parchment-lined or ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350°F for 9-11 minutes or until edges are lightly golden brown. Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks.
JB, these are delicious! I love the nuts (I used walnuts), and coconut, and particularly love how these can be made quickly and without a mixer! I did had a tsp of cinnamon, and some fresh ground nutmeg. Otherwise, they were exactly as described - and perfect! I got 33 cookies. Made for our July VIP during Veggie Swap 24!