- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup whole almond
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Add sugar and salt to egg whites.
- Beat till stiff peaks form and very stiff and thick.
- Fold nuts into meringue.
- Melt butter in 13X9X2-inch pan.
- Stir nut mixture into melted butter.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for at least 30 minutes.
- Stir every 10 minutes during baking, until no butter remains in pan and nuts are dark and crisp.
- Remove from pan immediately.