Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Terrific for give-aways during the holidays!
- 226.79 g walnut pieces
- 226.79 g pecan pieces
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 118.29-236.59 ml butter
- 0.59 ml salt
- 2 egg whites
- Lightly brown nuts on 10 x 15 pan in 325 degree oven for 20 minutes.
- Beat egg whites stiff and add salt& sugar.
- Melt butter in pan in oven.
- Stir browned nuts into meringue mixture.
- Place nut mixture on buttered pan and bake at 325 for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Ready when brown and no butter remains in pan.
- Let cool and enjoy!
A nice addition to add to my gift baskets. Great to snack on anytime! Roni
These are delicious!!! Only thing I found wrong with them was that I couldn't stop eating them. Will be a regular on my Christmas list as well as during the year since I have pecan trees and lots of nuts.
Really like these, have been wanting to make something like this for a while now but never had the recipe, something Im adding to my Christmas gift baskets. Thanks for posing =)