- 1 1⁄2 cups blanched almonds
- 2 cups walnut halves
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Toast nuts 15 minutes or until light brown.
- Beat egg whites until frothy; gradually beat in sugar and salt until smooth and glossy.
- Fold nuts into egg whites.
- Melt butter in large baking pan.
- Spread nut mixture over butter.
- Bake about 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, until no butter remains in the pan and the nuts are coated and evenly browned.
- Store in tightly covered container.