Prep 35 mins
Cook 40 mins
I got this cake recipe out of the newspaper. It is from a pastor's wife. It is simple and an excellent cake to take to dinners & potlucks.
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple (including juice)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- nuts, for topping (A mixture of chopped Walnuts,Almonds,and Pecans for a crunch topping)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix sugar,flour,eggs,soda,pineapple,ø÷ juice in a mixing bowl.
- Add 1/2 cup nuts and pour into a 9-by-12-by-2-inch greased baking pan.
- Bake 40 minutes.
- For frosting, Mix brown sugar, butter,and cream cheese in a bowl.
- Spread on cake while cake is HOT.
- Sprinkle with nuts.
Wow! This really was a piece of cake to make! I just love simple recipes that taste like they took so much effort. This simple, sweet, cake, is a real pleaser for both adults and kids.
Excllent and very easy to make.
I have made this cake before and my family loves it. Very easy to make.