Recipe by JackieOhNo!
Everyone likes regular baked beans, but why not try them with a Swedish touch when you want a change? Posted for ZWT 6.
Top Review by threeovens
Sweet and Sassy! I like my beans like this. I cut the recipe down for one serving and left out the cornstarch and water because I thought it didn't need thickening. Made for ZWT 6.
- 3 (16 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained (light or red, you choose)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2⁄3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, combine all the ingredients except the cornstarch and water; mix well and cook for 10 minutes. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and the water, then add to the bean mixture, stirring occasionally until heated through. Serve immediately or simmer until ready to eat.