Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Everyone likes regular baked beans, but why not try them with a Swedish touch when you want a change? Posted for ZWT 6.
- 3 (16 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained (light or red, you choose)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2⁄3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, combine all the ingredients except the cornstarch and water; mix well and cook for 10 minutes. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and the water, then add to the bean mixture, stirring occasionally until heated through. Serve immediately or simmer until ready to eat.
Sweet and Sassy! I like my beans like this. I cut the recipe down for one serving and left out the cornstarch and water because I thought it didn't need thickening. Made for ZWT 6.
1st off disregard the bad rating the person that did it gave bad reviews to others.that being said these are tart good tasting and easy cooked some bacon with beans zwt9
These are not Brunor Bonor! Swedish baked beans DO NOT use kidney beans, they DO NOT use tomato sauce or worchestershire sauce. And they are most definitely supposed to be baked. Try http://scandinavianfood.about.com/od/vegetablesidedishes/r/brunabonor.htm for a better recipe.