Recipe by morgainegeiser
If chanterelle mushrooms are available in your area, they are excellant in this soup.
Top Review by pammyowl
At first I thought this was boring, but then realized I had forgotten the lemon juice. It made a huge difference.It was too thin, though, so I had to thicken it a bit more. Thanks for posting! Made for ZWT9
- 44.37 ml butter
- 453.59 g fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml white pepper
- 78.07 ml all-purpose flour
- 1892.72 ml beef or 1892.72 ml chicken broth
- 236.59 ml whipping cream
- 4.92 ml lemon juice
- 59.14 ml dry sherry
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a 3 to 4 quart heavy saucepan over low heat.
- Add mushrooms; saute over low heat until mushroom juices begin to flow.
- Pour mushroom juice into a 2 cup measuring cup; set aside.
- Stir salt, white pepper, and flour into drained mushrooms.
- Add enough broth to mushroom juice to make 2 cups. Stir into mushroom mixture.
- Stir in 6 cups of remaining broth. Over high heat, cook, and stir until soup is thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in cream and lemon juice. Add salt and white pepper to taste. Stire in sherry.
- Serve hot.