1/1 Photo of Swedish Mushroom Soup (Svampsoppa)
If chanterelle mushrooms are available in your area, they are excellant in this soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in a 3 to 4 quart heavy saucepan over low heat.
- 2Add mushrooms; saute over low heat until mushroom juices begin to flow.
- 3Pour mushroom juice into a 2 cup measuring cup; set aside.
- 4Stir salt, white pepper, and flour into drained mushrooms.
- 5Add enough broth to mushroom juice to make 2 cups. Stir into mushroom mixture.
- 6Stir in 6 cups of remaining broth. Over high heat, cook, and stir until soup is thickened, about 5 minutes.
- 7Stir in cream and lemon juice. Add salt and white pepper to taste. Stire in sherry.
- 8Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Swedish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Swedish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Swedish Mushroom Soup (Svampsoppa)
Serving Size: 1 (331 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1701.9
- Calories from Fat 1582
- Total Fat 175.7 g
- Saturated Fat 76.1 g
- Cholesterol 275.9 mg
- Sodium 256.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 21.5 g