Recipe by Pesto lover
For ZWT 6. This recipe comes from the World Hearth Circle of International Cooking. I can't wait to try this. It sounds delicious.
Top Review by jerseygirl1952
This is for people who hate meat loaf! I have always disliked meat loaf. Hubby however, likes it. For over 30 years I have tried various receipes and never liked one. This however, made me a meat loaf lover! It was moist, had a great texture, was not greasy, and was loaded with flavor. I made it as written, but had to use Panko crumbs as that was all I had in my pantry. I wil be making this again and again. I might give it a go using ground chicken and chicken broth.
- 1 cup scallion, sliced
- 2 cups mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 1 teaspoon dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute scallions and mushroom in butter. Remove from heat and mix in sour cream.
- In a separate bowl, mix all other ingredients except parsley.
- Place 1/2 of the meat mixture into a loaf pan.
- Make an indentation down the loaf, lengthwise, and spoon mushroom mixture into indentation.
- Put the other half of the meat mixture on top and make sure that mushroom mixture is completely covered.
- Bake at 350F for one hour.
- Garnish with parsley to serve.