Recipe by HokiesMom
Posted for ZWT6 for Scandinavian Region - Sweden. Found on the scandinaviafood.com website. This sounds like something my family will devour. Would go great with fried or scalloped potatoes. A very economical dish for sure!
Top Review by Vicki in CT
I had a big problem with this recipe; I halved it!!! It was amazing. Looking at the other reviewer's photo, mine looks quite different. I followed the recipe exactly using grain mustard and was simply indulgent.
- 4 minute steaks
- 1 1⁄4 cups table cream (equals 3 dl Creme fraiche)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (aka sweet grain mustard)
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter
- fresh ground pepper (I will use a lot!)
- parsley (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat a fry pan with 2 tbs of butter in the pan until butter is melted. Fry the steaks in the pan until golden, a few minutes should do (if it seems dry add a bit more butter).
- Add crème fraîche and mustard to the pan. Let simmer on Med-Low for about 2-3 minutes.
- Season with salt & pepper. Garnish with parsley if desired.