Recipe by PugGrannie
Not a fan of ketchup on top of meatloaf, I prefer this recipe. Don't leave out the nutmeg. It provides a perfect seasoning for the meat. DH's favorite meatloaf. . . leftovers also make great cold sandwiches.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup Pepperidge Farm Herb Stuffing, finely crushed. (Bag is dark blue)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (Campbell's Healthy Request, divided)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- nutmeg (optional garnish)
- cucumber, slices (optional garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Thoroughly mix beef, egg, stuffing, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, and 1/3 cup of soup. (Use more stuffing if the mixture seems too wet.).
- Shape firmly into a loaf.
- Place in shallow pan which has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Blend remaining soup and sour cream; heat and serve over meatloaf.
- If desired, sprinkle with nutmeg and garnish with cucumber slices. (I usually skip this step).