Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is from a 1989 Garden Club fundraising cookbook.
- 1 lb ground beef
- vegetable oil
- 2 (6 ounce) packages frozen spinach, chopped
- 2 bouillon cubes
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 3 eggs
- Shape ground beef into tiny meatballs one-half inch in diameter; bronw in vegeatable oil.
- Cook spinach accorind to package directions.
- In a kettle, add meatballs and bouillon cubes to hot chicken broth; simmer 15 minutes.
- Add spinach and heat through.
- Beat eggs well and add to hot soup by dribbling on top of soup.
- Stir well and cook several minutes.
- Remove from heat.
This was a wonderful light soup for our March snowfall today! I used ground bison, 10oz bag of frozen spinach and just the whites of the eggs. I didn't include the extra bouillon. I was worried the meatballs wouldn't stay together but they held together great. I seasoned the meat with freshly ground pepper... if I hadn't it may have been too bland, but its Swedish, so that can be expected I guess. Because of its huge serving size and large protein amount while still being low calorie, I plan to keep this one around! Made for Stone Soup Game.