This is from Taste of Home. It was entered into a soup contest by Debora Taylor. It was in the top 12! I think this sounds really good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 egg
- 2 cups half-and-half cream, divided
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 3/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3 cups water
- 1 lb red potatoes, cubed
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
- 1In a bowl, beat egg; add 1/3 cups cream, bread crumbs, onion and 1 t. salt. Add beef; mix well.
- 2Shape into 1/2 inch balls.
- 3In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, brown meatballs in butter, half at a time. Remove from pan; set aside. Drain fat.
- 4To pan, add flour, bouillon, pepper, garlic salt and remaining salt; stir until smooth.
- 5Gradually stir in water; bring to a boil, stirring often.
- 6Add potatoes and meatballs.
- 7Reduce heat; cover and summer for 25 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Stir in the peas and remaining cream; heat through.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Swedish Meatballs Soup
Serving Size: 1 (314 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 338.4
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 98.2 mg
- Sodium 615.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 19.6 g