Recipe by Courtly
This is from Taste of Home. It was entered into a soup contest by Debora Taylor. It was in the top 12! I think this sounds really good!
- 1 egg
- 2 cups half-and-half cream, divided
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3 cups water
- 1 lb red potatoes, cubed
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, beat egg; add 1/3 cups cream, bread crumbs, onion and 1 t. salt. Add beef; mix well.
- Shape into 1/2 inch balls.
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, brown meatballs in butter, half at a time. Remove from pan; set aside. Drain fat.
- To pan, add flour, bouillon, pepper, garlic salt and remaining salt; stir until smooth.
- Gradually stir in water; bring to a boil, stirring often.
- Add potatoes and meatballs.
- Reduce heat; cover and summer for 25 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Stir in the peas and remaining cream; heat through.