Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Easy recipe for your Pressure Cooker. A family favorite!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup breadcrumbs, fine
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons fat
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup cold water
- 1 cup stock
- Combine meat, crumbs, egg, milk, minced onion, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Form into balls 1 1/2-inches in diameter, using as little pressure as possible.
- Brown well in fat in cooker.
- Place meat balls on rack. Add water; cover, set control and cook for 4 minutes after control jiggles.
- Cool cooker normally for 5 minutes, then place under faucet.
- To serve, remove meat balls to hot platter and thicken gravy.
- For gravy: 4 quart cooker: Blend 2 TABLESPOONS all-purpose flour into 1/3 cup cold water until smooth.
- Stir into 1 cup boiling stock, stirring constantly.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring until gravy is smooth and thickened.
- 6 quart cooker: 6 TABLESPOONS all-purpose flour, 1 cup cold water, 3 cups stock.
- NOTE: amounts given are for 4 servings (4 quart cooker).