Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
A suzanne Somers recipe for Somersizing. I have made this several times. It is good even if you aren't dieting!
- Mix meat and egg together, set aside.
- Saute oil and onions until translucent, about 5 minute Add celery and cook 4 minute.
- Meanwhile put the stock, bouillon and garlic in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Add onion mixture, allspice and salt and pepper to the meat. Work well with your hands.
- Form into 1 in balls and place on a baking sheet lined with waxed paper. You should have about 30-40 meatballs.
- Slowly add meatballs, 1 at a time to the boiling stock.Add peppercorns at this time.
- Let meatballs cook 20 minute.
- Remove meatballs with a slotted spoon and and set aside.
- Strain the stock and put back into the pot over med-high heat. Reduce for 10 minute.
- Turn off heat and add cream cheese, whisking until well combined.
- Pour over meatballs.
We enjoyed these, tho I have to say that I've never had swedish meatballs, so I have nothing to compare them too. I'd be careful with the stock and bouillon cube; mine seemed a little salty. I also had a bit of a problem, as my sauce didn't want to thicken. I just added a tsp. of cornstarch to some of the hot sauce (stirring and mixing well) and added it back in to the rest of the sauce. That did the trick! These went together relatively easy, and I enjoyed the flavor/tasting experience. Thanks for sharing, Elainemay. Made for ZWT.