Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is from my Uncle's mother in law who handed down this recipe to his wife before she died. I have this recipe now and have added it to my grandmother's recipe book, the one I updated last year. Every year we plan on adding more recipes to our "Family's Favorite Recipes" book. You can cut the recipe in half and still have enough left over meat to freeze for future meals.
- 1⁄2 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 7 ounces ground beef
- 7 ounces ground lean pork
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons grated yellow onions
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons margarine or 3 tablespoons butter
- Mix the bread crumbs, cream and water; set aside for 5 minutes.
- Work together the beef, pork, salt, allspice and onion.
- Gradually add the bread crumbs, then the egg.
- Blend well and fry a sample to test the seasoning.
- Shape into balls.
- Make large meatballs to be served for dinner or small meatballs for the smorgasbord.
- Heat part of the margarine/butter in a skillet.
- Add 10 to 15 meatballs.
- Fry over moderate heat until the meatballs are brown and cooked through.
- Transfer to a serving dish and keep hot while frying the remaining meatballs.
- Serve with boiled potatoes, lingonberries preserve and a tossed salad.