Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are delicious Meatballs!
- 250 g minced beef
- 250 g ground pork
- 1 egg
- 200 -300 ml cream, and water (or milk and water)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons finely-chopped onions
- 50 ml unsweetened fine dutch rusk crumbs
- 2 cold boiled potatoes
- 4 -5 tablespoons butter or 4 -5 tablespoons margarine or 4 -5 tablespoons oil
- salt and pepper
- 100 ml cream
- 200 ml beef stock
- chinese soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon white flour
- white pepper
- heat the onion till golden in a couple of tablespoons of lightly browned butter.
- mash the potatoes and moisten the rusk flour in a little water.
- mix all the ingredients until there is consistency and flavour generously with salt, white pepper and (optional) a little finely crushed allspice.
- use a pair of spoons to shape the mixture into relatively large, round balls and transfer to a floured chopping board.
- fry them slowly in plenty of butter.
- how to make the cream sauce:.
- swirl the boiling water or beef stock in a pan.
- add cream and thicken with white flour if preferred.
- season well with salt and pepper.
- serve the meatballs with the sauce and freshly boiled potatoes.