Recipe by Nikki S
Sweet n sour type taste..always a huge hit!
Top Review by Realtor by day, Chef by night
We liked these alot! They're not really traditional Swedish meatball flavored but they have a great flavor anyway. I'll be making these regularly. Thanks for posting! Made for Pick a Chef Spring 2009.
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- garlic powder, to taste
- salt, to taste
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup A.1. Original Sauce
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup oleo
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 5 ingredients in large bowl by hand. Form golf ball sized meatballs(cocktail sized). Put in frying pan with EVOO(olive oil) and brown.
- Drain all meatballs on paper towel.
- While cooking meatballs in batches, I start making the sauce. In large pot(I usually double the sauce recipe) combine all but the sour cream. Simmer low for 20 minutes. Once brown sugar dissolves then add sour cream.
- Add meatballs once sour cream is blended into sauce. Simmer low with all meatballs about 30-45minutes or crock pot low for 4 hours.
- Serve with crusty bread to dip!