Recipe by Chef mariajane
This is such a delicious meal!! I love meatballs and pasta, and this has just gone to the top of my favorites list -
- 1⁄4 cup dry bread, crumbs
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 cups mushrooms, sliced (about 1lb)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sodium-reduced beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- 4 cups cooked egg noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- In bowl, whisk together egg, bread crumbs, onion, mustard, allspice, 1/8 teaspoons salt, 1/8 teaspoons pepper and the nutmeg; mix in beef. Roll by 1 tablespoons into balls.
- In large nonstick skillet, cook meatballs over medium-high heat, in batches and turning often, until digital thermometer inserted in a few registers 160F, 6-9 minutes. Transfer to plate.
- In same skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; cook mushrooms, thyme and remaining salt and pepper, stirring occasionally, just until starting to brown and no liquid remains, about 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with flour; cook, stirring, until absorbed. Stir in broth and sour cream; cook, stirring, for 1 minutes.
- Return meatballs to pan; cook, stirring and turning gently, until hot and sauce is thickened, about 2 minutes. Serve with noodles.