Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I got this recipe about 10 years ago from a tv chef. I like to add the meatballs to my Homemade Pasta sauce.
- 6 cups day-old white bread, wet
- 1 lb ground veal
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 3 cups onions, chopped
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3⁄4 teaspoon marjoram
- 3 beaten eggs
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Break up bread, soak in water and squeeze out.
- In a large bowl mix all above ingredients well.
- On a large flat cookie tray.
- From above ingredients, roll out dollar size meat balls.
- Be sure not to touch each other.
- Place in oven and cook for 25 minutes per tray, turning meat balls half way.
- Place on paper towel to cool.
- Makes about 120 balls.
- Place cooled meatballs in air tight zip lock bags and freeze.
Loved this receipe....I love different type of swedish meatballs and this one was one of the best.....Everyone needs to try it......
I have tried these meatballs and they are to die for. If you like sweedish meatballs than this is the recipe for you. Im sure you won't be disappointed. Tammie Hertrich Ottawa, Canada
Sounds great, but doesn't go far enough. An accomanying sauce would make this perfect.