Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A solf swedish meatball
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 8 slices white bread, torn
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 2 cans condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cans condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- minced fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and milk.
- Add bread, mix gently and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add beef, onion, baking powder,salt and pepper, mix well (mixture will be solf) Shape into 1 inch balls.
- In a large skillet,brown meatballs, a few at a time,in shortening.
- Place in an ungreased 3 quart baking dish.
- In a bowl, stir soups and milk until smooth:pour over meatballs.
- Bake,uncovered at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
The premiss for this recipe is good, the recipe is bad. Bland, bland and bland. I've never thought you should put cream of chicken soup over meatballs... and it tasted odd. I'm going to use the basic idea behind this and submit a new recipe with some flavor and herbs. This could be a base for a very good recipe.