Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Delicious and creamy meatballs. Makes plenty of sauce to serve over egg noodles or rice. Found on damndelicious.net
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, and cook, stirring frequently, until onions have become translucent, about 2-3 minutes; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, Panko, egg, allspice, nutmeg and onion; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Roll the mixture into meatballs.
- Add remaining 1/2 tablespoon olive oil to the skillet. Add meatballs, in batches, and cook until all sides are browned, about 4-5 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- To make the gravy, melt butter in the skillet. Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Gradually whisk in beef broth and cook, whisking constantly, until slightly thickened, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in sour cream; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in meatballs and cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through and thickened, about 8-10 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.