Recipe by RFJ
Found on a meal-planning website. Looking forward to trying. Couldn't find this exact recipe on here but, there are about a million Swedish meatball recipes.
- 3 slices white bread
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups beef broth
- salt and black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Tear bread into pieces and soak in milk, set aside.
- Sauté onion and garlic over medium high heat until translucent.
- Combine meat with bread and milk mixture, eggs, 1 teaspoons salt, black pepper, allspice, nutmeg and onions.
- Form into small meatballs, no more than 2 inch in diameter.
- Place on lightly greased baking sheet, and bake until golden brown and cooked through, about 10-15 minutes, rotating the sheet once.
- While these are cooking, make the sauce by melting butter over medium heat, adding flour and whisking for one minute.
- Gradually whisk in cream and broth, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes until sauce has thickened.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Ladle the sauce over prepared meatballs.
- These are great served over pasta or rice.