Found on a meal-planning website. Looking forward to trying. Couldn't find this exact recipe on here but, there are about a million Swedish meatball recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2Tear bread into pieces and soak in milk, set aside.
- 3Sauté onion and garlic over medium high heat until translucent.
- 4Combine meat with bread and milk mixture, eggs, 1 teaspoons salt, black pepper, allspice, nutmeg and onions.
- 5Form into small meatballs, no more than 2 inch in diameter.
- 6Place on lightly greased baking sheet, and bake until golden brown and cooked through, about 10-15 minutes, rotating the sheet once.
- 7While these are cooking, make the sauce by melting butter over medium heat, adding flour and whisking for one minute.
- 8Gradually whisk in cream and broth, and bring to a boil.
- 9Reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes until sauce has thickened.
- 10Taste and season with salt and pepper if necessary.
- 11Ladle the sauce over prepared meatballs.
- 12These are great served over pasta or rice.
Browse Our Top Meatballs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Swedish Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 404.3
- Calories from Fat 266
- Total Fat 29.6 g
- Saturated Fat 12.9 g
- Cholesterol 148.6 mg
- Sodium 403.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 24.0 g