Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My favorite Swedish Meatball recipe.
Make and share this Swedish Meatballs recipe from Food.com.
- 2 slices white bread
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 lb ground beef
- 3⁄4 lb ground pork
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
- Tear bread into pieces and place in a small bowl with the milk.
- Sautee onions in a tablespoon of butter until soft.
- Combine the bread/milk mixture, ground beef, ground pork, egg yolks, salt, black pepper, allspice, nutmeg, and onions. Mix well and form into 1 inch meatballs.
- Sautee meatballs over medium high heat a few at a time in remaining two tablespoons butter until browned on all sides, 7 to 10 minutes. Remove from pan and place in oven to keep warm.
- After the meatballs are cooked, decrease pan temperature to low and whisk in flour. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes until flour is light brown. Add the beef stock a little at a time whisking well. When sauce begins to thicken add the cream. Cook to desired consistency.
- Cover meatballs with sauce and serve.