Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Very rich and creamy. Lovely flavor.
Make and share this Swedish Meatballs recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, cubed
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried thyme
- hot cooked noodles
- Combine beef, egg, breadcrumbs, onion, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and nutmeg in a large mixing bowl; mix well.
- Shape into 1-inch meatballs.
- Heat oil in a large heavy skillet; add meatballs, and brown on all sides.
- Remove meatballs from pan; set aside.
- Drain drippings, reserving 2 tablespoons in skillet.
- Stir in cream cheese, milk, water, parsley, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and thyme into drippings; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until smooth and thickened.
- Return meatballs to skillet.
- Serve over noodles, if desired.
I took Narshmellow's suggestion and added the Cream of Mushroom soup. I still thought it tasted too cream cheesy, but my 18 month old loved it!!!!!
EASY TO MAKE!! And delicious besides!