Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Swedish meatball recipe from my mother. Use the meatball recipe below or substitute your favorite meatball recipe. Depending on your tastes, you may want to double the sauce. Best served over cooked egg noodles.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 cup light cream
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 egg
- chopped onions or celery
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- breadcrumbs, to desired consistency
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine Meatball ingredients and add bread crumbs until your desired consistency.
- Bake at 375 on a large baking sheet until browned, ~8 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 after the meatballs are done.
- For the sauce, melt the Butter and stir in the Flour until smooth.
- Gradually stir in the Beef Broth and Cream.
- Combine the Meatballs and Sauce in a baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 325 for 30 minutes.
- Cook Egg Noodles according to package directions.
- Serve the Meatballs and sauce over the noodles.
This was incredibly tasty, easy, and we didn't have any leftovers at all!!!! Absolutely fantastic!