Swedish meatball recipe from my mother. Use the meatball recipe below or substitute your favorite meatball recipe. Depending on your tastes, you may want to double the sauce. Best served over cooked egg noodles.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375.
- 2Combine Meatball ingredients and add bread crumbs until your desired consistency.
- 3Bake at 375 on a large baking sheet until browned, ~8 minutes.
- 4Reduce oven temperature to 325 after the meatballs are done.
- 5For the sauce, melt the Butter and stir in the Flour until smooth.
- 6Gradually stir in the Beef Broth and Cream.
- 7Combine the Meatballs and Sauce in a baking dish.
- 8Cover and bake at 325 for 30 minutes.
- 9Cook Egg Noodles according to package directions.
- 10Serve the Meatballs and sauce over the noodles.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Swedish Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 701.9
- Calories from Fat 365
- Total Fat 40.6 g
- Saturated Fat 20.5 g
- Cholesterol 247.7 mg
- Sodium 801.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 37.2 g