Recipe by Heather90
Another great recipe found in Parents magazine. Serve over egg noodles with a side of cooked vegetables and you've got a meal!
- 4 pieces firm white bread, cubed
- 1 cup fat-free half-and-half, divided
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup dry plain breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 (12 ounce) jarhome style beef gravy
- lingonberry sauce (optional) or red currant jam (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine Bread, 1/2 cup Half-and-Half, and the Egg.
- Let soak for 5 minutes.
- Mash bread mixture with a fork and add all remaining ingredients except the Butter and Gravy.
- Mix together and shape into mini meatballs.
- Melt Butter in a nonstick saucepan over medium heat.
- Add meatballs in batches, browning on all sides.
- Transfer finished meatballs to a baking dish. Mix in 1/4 cup Gravy.
- Cover and bake 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, over medium heat, combine remaining Gravy and remaining 1/2 cup Half-and-Half.
- Bring just to a boil, then reduce heat to low simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Serve meatballs with creamy Gravy, and Lingonberry Sauce, if desired.
- Leftovers can be stored in freezer for up to 1 month.