Recipe by Chef Stephen McChesney
My favorite meatballs. I come from an Italian family and it shows with this recipe :)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg (Beaten)
- 1 cup light cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash ginger
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté onion in 1 Tablespoon butter. In mixing bowl, combine egg and cream. Stir in cooked onion, salt, nutmeg, ginger and pepper. Add ground beef, mix well and chill.
- Shape chilled mixture into balls (About 1 inch). Brown meatballs in remaining butter. Remove from skillet.
- Stir flour and bouillon granules in pan drippings. Add water, cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Add meatballs and cover.
- Simmer 25 to 30 minutes, basting meatballs occasionally.