Recipe by Kauaian cook
Easy, can add additional spice to your taste. Can't remember where this came from - my guess is the Quaker Oats folks. Serve over rice or noodles.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup Quaker Oats, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat milk
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup low-fat milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine beef through 1/4 cup milk and shape into meatballs.
- Spray large, deep frypan with cooking spray. Brown meatballs over medium heat.
- Add beef bouillon cubes and boiling water, stirring to dissolve. Simmer, covered, 25-30 minutes. Remove meatballs.
- Mix flour with 1 cup milk, whisking until blended - add to bouillon mixture, cook, stirring, until thickened.
- Add meatballs to gravy, reheat meatballs, stirring to keep gravy from burning.