Recipe by SouthernBell2627
This recipe is from www.tastycooking.com. This is a dish made in Sweden. This is the authentic recipe for Swedish meatballs. They are so good!
- 1⁄2 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped (and-or 2 crushed garlic cloves)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the breadcrumbs, cream and water.
- Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Mix the beef, salt, allspice and onion. Gradually add the breadcrumbs, then the egg. Blend well.
- Shape into balls.
- Heat part of the butter in a skillet.
- Add 10 to 15 meatballs.
- Fry over moderate heat until the meatballs are browned and cooked through.
- Transfer to a serving dish and keep hot while frying the remaining meatballs.