Prep 35 mins
Cook 15 mins
Straight-forward, Swedish meatball recipe. Just the basics.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 large potato, mashed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small onion, minced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons fat, from pan
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup beef broth
- Can be pan-fried, but I prefer the oven, so pre-heat to 450F degrees.
- Blend ground beef, eggs, milk, mashed potato, onion, and seasoning.
- Form into 1"-diameter balls.
- Arrange on a baking sheet or roasting pan, and bake at 450F for 10-15 minutes.
- To make the sauce, take 2 tablespoons of the pan fat and combine with 2 tablespoons flour in a saucepan, and stir in 1 cup beef broth, and bring to a boil.
- Add any additional seasoning or flavor, such as a touch of red wine, as needed.
- Meatballs and sauce can be frozen together in airtight containers. Or you can freeze the meatballs seperately and take as needed. To defrost, either microwave at medium power, or spread on a baking sheet at 350 for 10-15 minutes.