Recipe by DoryJean54
A tender meatball served over buttered parsley noodles,with a delicious gravy.
Top Review by lkulferst
Please do not bother yourself with any other recipe....THIS is the only one you will ever need!! I should add that I mix water 1c of water with my lipton soup but add 1/3 c of sour cream at the end of the cooking time.. I do it on top the stove for about 30 min. not in the oven.
- 2 lbs ground chuck or 2 lbs ground veal or 2 lbs ground beef or 2 lbs ground pork, mix
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 1⁄4 ounces Lipton Onion Soup Mix (1 envelope)
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 3 eggs
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk eggs, add ground meat, half&half,onion soup mix, breadcrumbs,salt&pepper.
- Will be sticky, so wet hands & shape into meatballs.
- Fry or bake in olive oil until lightly browned.
- If baking bake at 425* for 20 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Whisk soup and milk together in oven proof casserole dish.
- Add meatballs.
- Bake at 325* for 1 1/2 hours.
- Cook noodles, drain.
- Add butter and parsley.
- Serve meatballs over buttered noodles.
- I use cream of chicken soup for the sauce because my husband does not like mushrooms.