Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
A tender meatball served over buttered parsley noodles,with a delicious gravy.
- 2 lbs ground chuck or 2 lbs ground veal or 2 lbs ground beef or 2 lbs ground pork, mix
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 1⁄4 ounces Lipton Onion Soup Mix (1 envelope)
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 3 eggs
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- Whisk eggs, add ground meat, half&half,onion soup mix, breadcrumbs,salt&pepper.
- Will be sticky, so wet hands & shape into meatballs.
- Fry or bake in olive oil until lightly browned.
- If baking bake at 425* for 20 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Whisk soup and milk together in oven proof casserole dish.
- Add meatballs.
- Bake at 325* for 1 1/2 hours.
- Cook noodles, drain.
- Add butter and parsley.
- Serve meatballs over buttered noodles.
- I use cream of chicken soup for the sauce because my husband does not like mushrooms.
Please do not bother yourself with any other recipe....THIS is the only one you will ever need!! I should add that I mix water 1c of water with my lipton soup but add 1/3 c of sour cream at the end of the cooking time.. I do it on top the stove for about 30 min. not in the oven.
YUMMO!!! I will make this again for sure. I made some changes too to cut some fat. Cut recipe in half and added flax seed, used cream of chicken soup, and lowfat milk. WONDERFUL!
Let me begin by saying that I love this recipe. I made a ton of alterations so please bear with me as I think they may be helpful to other members in the future. I made several changes to try to lower the fat in this recipe. I used turkey, fat free half and half and subbed half the milk (2%) in the sauce with chicken stock. None of my changes effected the taste or texture as we all enjoyed the end product very much. I had not read the recipe very closely it seems because I had never noticed that the cooking time was 1 1/2 hours. I cooked it at a simmer on the stovetop for about 30 minutes and as I said the result was excellant and is going into rotation at our house.