Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a very tasty recipe. It made enough that I could freeze some to put in my spaghetti next week.
- 1 1⁄2 cups breadcrumbs (soft)
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons onions, chopped fine
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 -2 beef bouillon cube
- 1 tablespoon butter, to saute onions
- Soak crumbs in milk.
- Saute onion in butter; add to crumbs.
- Add seasonings and mix well with egg, then the ground beef.
- Blend well.
- Form into 1 inch balls.
- Roll in flour.
- Saute in butter till brown.
- Add 1 cup water with bouillon cubes.
- Cover, simmer gently 5 minutes.
- Remove meat, thicken broth to make gravy.
- Pour over meat balls and serve.
Easy to make. Very flavorful and moist. The kids and hubby really loved this! I made extra sauce with more bouillon and milk and thickened with flour to pour over pasta. A must try recipe!