- 1 lb round steak
- 1⁄2 lb veal steak
- 1⁄4 lb fresh fat pork
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄8 teaspoon allspice, ground
- 1 cup stock
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs, add milk and crumbs and let soak.
- Grind all meats very fine.
- Brown onion in 1 teaspoons butter.
- Add all ingredients (onions last) to meats and stir until very smooth.
- Form into 1" balls and fry in butter until brown.
- In same pan, pour over the meatballs 1 cup hot stock of your choice and simmer around 20 minutes.