Recipe by Mary N.
I was looking for a swedish meatball recipe and couldn't find one that I liked, so I made my own. [I highly recommend using Kittencal's Italian Meatball recipe (#69173) for the meatballs preparing without the oregano and adding to this sauce. Use the baking method and remove from oven 10 minutes before done.] But you can always use your own meatballs, frozen or homemade. This isn't the traditional sauce, but if you like a rich, creamy, mushroomy sauce over egg noodles, please give this a try!! Even though it has cream of mushroom soup in it, the extra ingredients make it taste like homemade and less like it came from a can. My family loved it! Hope yours does too!
Top Review by Hotchick1604
My family and I thought the sauce was really good.. I love how creamy it is. The only thing that could have made this better was if I had everything to go in it and not had to substitute anything. I didn't have the french onion dip. So I substituted french onion soup mix and sour cream. I think that is why it turned out too salty. I am going to use this recipe again using the right ingredients.. Thank you for posting this wonderful recipe. The taste is amazing..
- 297.66 g can cream of mushroom soup
- 236.59 ml heavy cream
- 177.44 ml French onion dip
- 113.39 g can sliced mushrooms
- 4.92 ml beef bouillon granules
- 4.92 ml dried parsley
- any drippings from meatballs or 29.58 ml butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Take the drippings from your meatballs that you baked in the oven, or if you did not bake any meatballs, melt two tbsps of butter in a large sautee pan. Warm the drippings or butter over medium heat until drippings start boiling or butter melts.
- Add cream of mushroom soup, heavy cream, sliced mushrooms, parsley and beef buillon granules. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Add french onion dip and mix well. Let mixture warm through over med to med low heat .
- Add cooked meatballs and cook for another 10 minutes or so to warm up meatballs. If adding frozen, follow package directions to prepare meatballs and warm up in sauce until warmed through.
- Enjoy over buttered noodles!