Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Switch up the old meat loaf and try this recipe. Your family will love it.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 10 ounces cream of mushroom soup, divided
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Mix thoroughly ground beef, egg, onion, bread crumbs, salt nutmeg and 1/2 can cream of mushroom.
- Shape into loaf.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour.
- Blend the remaining 1/2 can of cream of mushroom soup and sour cream; heat and serve over loaf.
This was very good! I make Swedish meatballs for Christmas dinner every year and it was reminiscent of that, and a whole lot easier! I think the next time I make it, though, I will use 1 lb. ground beef and 1/2 lb. ground pork.
A different take on meatloaf that I enjoyed very much. Thank you for posting. Made for PAC Spring 2013