This is a distinct and delicious bread. Boiling the seeds first really mellows their flavor. This has been passed down and around in our community for generations. It's really good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine first six ingredients in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil; boil for approximately 5 minutes.
- 2Let cool some, then add the salt and cold water.
- 3Test the temperature, then add the yeast.
- 4Transfer to a mixing bowl and add the rye flour and as much white flour as needed to make a soft dough.
- 5Knead well.
- 6The bread dough will be sticky.
- 7Let rise until double.
- 8Shape into 4 loaves (Traditionally in round loaves, but loaf pans work also) and let rise again until double.
- 9Bake at 350 degrees F for about 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Swedish Limpa Bread
Serving Size: 1 (2551 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1548.1
- Calories from Fat 246
- Total Fat 27.3 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Cholesterol 61.0 mg
- Sodium 1380.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 299.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 21.9 g
- Sugars 82.4 g
- Protein 30.7 g