Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
From a community cookbook. This sounds so good! I have no idea if it's authentic or not but it sounds easy to prepare and I hope to try it soon.
For the Lamb
- 6 -7 lbs boneless leg of lamb
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, slivered
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 2 cups strong coffee
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons cream
- 1 ounce brandy
For the gravy
- 5 tablespoons flour, may need more
- flour, for gravy
- 1 cup cream
- 3⁄4 cup currant jelly
- Make small slits in the lamb and insert the garlic slivers.
- Mix the salt and dry mustard and rub it into the meat.
- Bake the lamb at 350 degrees F. for 1 hour and then baste with a mixture of the coffee, sugar, the 4 tablespoons of cream, and the brandy.
- Bake another 2 to 2 1/2 hours, to your liking.
- To make the gravy, scrape the drippings from the roasting pan; add flour (more if needed), 1 cup of cream and the currant jelly and blend.