Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 mins
My grandmother came from Sweden and made these for me. They were the only cookies she made besides gingerbread. I have revised to be sugar free and gluten free using Splenda and rice flour.
- In large metal bowl, pour boiling water over the oats. Let set.
- In mixing bowl, beat butter, eggs, splenda, vanilla and molasses (if desired).
- Add the baking powder and the salt to the oats. Mix.
- Add the rice flour and beat inches.
- Add the oat mixture to the egg mixture.
- Make sure it is mixed well.
- Oven 375°F.
- Foil the bottom of two cookie sheets.
- Drop tsp of dough two to three inches apart.
- Watch carefully. These cookies will brown quickly.
- Take off foil when they are still warm.
- Place in custard cups to form if desired.
- Cool. Sometimes I form on the sides of glasses. Serve ice cream in the formed cups.
- I serve applesauce in them also.