Recipe by mandabears
This is another one of the gems from an old Pillsbury mini cookbook. Easy and delicious. Looks wonderful on a holiday cookie tray.
Top Review by Catnip46
I have this same cook book. I love these they are easy to make and the taste is divine. This was one of the best little cookbooks out there. I've just about made every recipe in there and loved them all.
- 510.29 g package yellow cake mix
- 118.29 ml walnuts, finely chopped
- 59.14 ml butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 283.49 g jar seedless red raspberry jam
- 118.29 ml confectioners' sugar
- 12.32 ml water
- 2.46 ml almond extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour 13 x9 pan, I use Bakers Joy spray.
- In a large bowl combine cake mix, nuts, butter and egg.
- Beat on low speed until crumbly.
- Press evenly in prepared pan.
- Spread with raspberry jam.
- (I usually heat the jam in the microwave for 30 seconds to make it easier to spread).
- Bake for 25 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Combine glaze ingredients until smooth, add additional water a drop at a time for desired consistency.
- Drizzle over warm shortbread.
- Cool completely.
- Cut into bars.