Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
My company just published a Danish cookbook and it was FULL of salads like this.
- 5 potatoes, peeled, sliced
- 4 white herring fillets, skinless, boneless
- 236.59 ml pickled beet, chopped
- 1 cucumbers or 1 kosher dill pickle, chopped
- 2 apples, chopped
- 78.07 ml wine vinegar
- 4.92 ml grated onion
- 1 hard-boiled egg
- 1 bunch parsley
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- salt & pepper
- Boil the potatoes in salted water until tender, about 9 minutes. Drain and combine with remaining salad ingredients, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Top with sliced boiled egg, minced parsley and anchovies. Serve with sour cream on the side.
I really enjoyed this. I have had this type of salad in Germany and a neighbor from Estonia makes one similar to this. It is full of interesting flavors - the earthy potato next to a piquant bit of pickled beet or sweet apple...very interesting and a nice change. Thanks fluffernutter!