Recipe by LAURIE
Comfort food from Sweden! Most often served as a lunch dish and always made with any leftover meat, usually roast beef or baked ham. The traditional way to serve is with fried eggs and pickles
Top Review by kolibri
In the spirit of leftover food, and I had leftover asparagus, I added those in too. Together with the bacon and some lamb and rosemary sausage and potatoes... wonderful filling weekday meal.
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 cups chopped onions (about 2 medium)
- 4 cups finely diced boiled potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 2 cups finely chopped leftover meat (or boiled ham or fried steak)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut bacon with scissors directly into frying pan.
- When crisp, drain bacon on paper towels, leaving fat in pan.
- Add onions and sauté until golden brown.
- Remove from pan.
- Add potatoes into pan along with a little margarine if needed and fry til golden brown.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add bacon, onions and meat to potatoes in pan.
- Mix well, carefully turning with a spatula.
- Serve piping hot.