Comfort food from Sweden! Most often served as a lunch dish and always made with any leftover meat, usually roast beef or baked ham. The traditional way to serve is with fried eggs and pickles
- Cut bacon with scissors directly into frying pan.
- When crisp, drain bacon on paper towels, leaving fat in pan.
- Add onions and sauté until golden brown.
- Remove from pan.
- Add potatoes into pan along with a little margarine if needed and fry til golden brown.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add bacon, onions and meat to potatoes in pan.
- Mix well, carefully turning with a spatula.
- Serve piping hot.
In the spirit of leftover food, and I had leftover asparagus, I added those in too. Together with the bacon and some lamb and rosemary sausage and potatoes... wonderful filling weekday meal.