Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Rich and delicious caramel-almond flavored candy.
Make and share this Swedish Hard Candy recipe from Food.com.
- Combine sugar, corn syrup, butter and half-half in 2 qt heavy saucepan.
- Cook over low heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- (Watch so it doesn't overflow).
- Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, to the hard ball stage (250*).
- Remove from heat; add chopped almonds.
- Pour into small fluted paper dessert cups (about 1 1/2" diameter- and once paper removed.. will have a pretty edge) or drop from teaspoon onto waxed paper- to make patties.
Good flavor! easy to make! The only change I would make is to use parchment paper instead of wax paper. They stuck to the wax paper.