Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe is different from my other Swedish Burger recipe in that it is made and served with fried onions and cream gravy over mashed potatoes. Kind of like meatballs only in a bigger form!
- 1⁄3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1 lb ground lean pork
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley (or scallions)
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 medium onions
- 1 cup cream
- Soak bread crumbs and seasonings in water and ½ cup cream for 10 minutes.
- Add pork, egg and parsley.
- Mix well until blended.
- Shape into 8 round flat patties.
- Melt half of margarine in large skillet.
- Fry patties about 4-5 minutes on each side over medium heat.
- Place on warm platter and keep warm.
- Peel and thinly slice onions.
- Sauté in remaining margarine until soft and golden about 12-15 minutes.
- Spoon onions over burgers and keep warm.
- Pour 1 cup cream into frying pan.
- Cook, stirring down the sides for about 4-5 minutes until it starts to thicken.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour over burgers and serve immediately, preferably over mashed potatoes.
This was ok - a real stick to your ribs meal if you serve it on mashed potatoes. The pork really didn't have much of a flavor - it needs something - I just haven't quite figured out what it is. Maybe garlic, I'll probably try this again...
I used ground beef and it tasted very good. Easy to make and the sauce is good tasting with hamburger and mashed potatoes.
Oh just lovely. The burgers tasted great and I would have never thought of this as a regular burger. I didn't have any cream so I improvised and used liquid coffee creamer and worked great. We had the sauce over rice and that was quicker to fix and dinner was running kinda late. Thanks for a new burger recipe.