Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Nice change of pace fromthe regular cocktail meatballs. You can also make bigger meatballs for a main meal.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs ground ham
- 1 cup chopped apple
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Combine ham, apples, bread crumbs, eggs and milk in a large bowl; mix thoroughly.
- Form into small balls and place into a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- For sauce: Mix together the sauce ingredients; stir until sugar dissolves.
- Pour the sauce over the ham balls.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour, basting frequently.
I made this recipe for dinner. The ham balls are very rich and delicious. I will gladly make these again but as a party appetizer in lieu of a main dish.