1/2 Photos of Swedish Ginger Cookies With Crystallized Ginger
This is a fantastic cookie recipe that I found in the LCBO Holiday 2003 Food & Drink magazine. I've been making these cookies for a few years now, but I've had a lot of requests for the recipe recently! I hope you enjoy them too!
My Private Note
dozen c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- 2Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- 3In a large bowl with an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar for 2 minutes or until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and molasses.
- 4Sift together flour, salt, cinnamon, cloves, ginger and baking soda. Stir into batter. Stir in crystallized ginger. The batter will be thick. Roll into 1-inch (2.5cm) balls. Place granulated sugar on a plate. Dip balls into sugar. Place sugar-side up on cookie sheet about 3 inches (8cm) apart, as the cookies tend to spread when baking. Keep dough refrigerated between batches.
- 5Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cracked on top, slightly firm to the touch and a golden colour. They will soften and crisp up as they cool. Cool on wire racks.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Swedish Ginger Cookies With Crystallized Ginger
Serving Size: 1 (276 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1148.5
- Calories from Fat 436
- Total Fat 48.4 g
- Saturated Fat 29.8 g
- Cholesterol 184.0 mg
- Sodium 1290.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 172.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 109.2 g
- Protein 10.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: