Prep 40 mins
Cook 10 mins
A unique ginger cookie.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoons dark corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Cream the butter and sugar until light. Add the egg, orange rind, corn syrup and water blending well.
- Sift the dry ingredients together and add to the butter mixture.
- Chill the dough thoroughly. Roll out very thin, about 1/8-inch and cut with cookie cutters. Bake, on ungreased cookie sheets, in a preheated 350 oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Do not over bake or the cookies will burn.