Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is from a 1989 Garden Club fundraising cookbook.
- 1 1⁄2 cups prunes
- grape juice
- 1 cup raisins, seedless
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- Combine prunes and enough water to cover in a large saucepan, boil until soft. Drain, reserving prune juice.
- Snip prunes from pits; set aside.
- Add enough grape juice to prune juice to make four and one-half cups.
- Heat fruit juices and add prunes, raisins, lemon and sugar. Add cinnamon and salt; cook for several minutes.
- Stir in tapioca slowly, making sure grains remain separate.
- Cook, stirring constantly until tapioca is clear.
- Serve hot or cold.
Easy preparation & a nice tasting soup! This was just for myself, so I enjoyed it both hot & cold, but prefer it cold! Used pitted prunes, golden raisins & one large, not terribly tart lemon for a great tasting soup! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Stone Soup: A Cooking Game]